ClipperCreek HCS-40, JuiceNetTM Edition - a smart-grid enabled version of a leading ClipperCreek EVSE.
Item ships either current or next business day. Shipping free within contiguous United States - via FedEx Ground. Ship times 1-2 days in CA, 2-4 days all other states.
If you prefer, order via phone: (844) 584-2329, ext. 0, 10AM to 7PM pacific time.
Limited Time: Free "Kiss My Amps" License Frame with each order!
For above options, please click on black "i" for more information.
Brought to you by eMotorWerks, the HCS-40 JuiceNet™ Edition offers full access to our award-winning Smart EV Charging software platform in the renowned 32A HCS-40 EVSE.
This unit is ready to plug into either a NEMA 14-50 outlet, or be hardwired, and is compatible with all production EVs on the road today. It offers fast 32A charging and a set of advanced JuiceNet™ features that simply do not exist in standard charging products. JuiceNet™ introduces added features such as energy metering, WiFi connectivity, scheduling, notifications, and smartphone app. Further, it brings you into the world of smart-grid EV charging! Charge faster, save money, and reduce carbon emissions! HCS-40 JuiceNet™ is ETL & cETL certified, NEMA 4 (indoor / outdoor rated) and fully sealed, and carries a 3 year warranty.
Here's what the Founders of the two companies had to say about this groundbreaking product combo in a corresponding press release.
Key Features & Benefits
- Controllable and Efficient - save money and reduce emissions with a plethora of intelligent and accessible control & data features.
- Easy to Install - your electrician can install a standard plug outlet anywhere. Plug into a matching outlet and you are ready to go!
- Indicator Lights - view charging status from a local source.
- Integrated Cord Hanger - low profile, stores cord and connector out of the way.
- Convenient J1772 Holder - mounts on your wall or similar.
- 25FT charging cable (7.6 meters).
- 3 year warranty - attentive coverage to keep you charging.
- Advanced Energy Metering:
- Energy, Voltage & Current measurements with 0.2% precision.
- Persistent storage of energy data (data survives power interruption).
- Built-in WiFi connects your JuiceNet-enabled unit to our servers and unlocks a host of advanced EVSE management features
- Get access to your real-time and historical charging data on our website or through our beautiful SmartPhone App - Android installation link here. Please note that we do not include a smartphone with this unit.
- Control your HCS-40 JuiceNet™ from anywhere in the world, dynamically changing charging current and time-of-use schedule.
- Set up automatic notifications, including: start of charge, end of charge, unit offline, unit back online, car not plugged in by certain time in the evening, etc. - Access Our JuiceBox Control Room here.
- Ensure your charging unit keeps correct time via automatic network sync.
- If you have more than one EV, you can set up your two (or more) JuiceNet™ units to share one electrical line! Say, you have only 32A capacity in your panel but have two Teslas. You can program your JuiceNet™ units to never exceed 32A combined draw. If only one car is charging, it gets full 32A of current. When the second car shows up, the current gets shared 16A / 16A between the two. When one of the cars finishes charging, the remaining car ramps back to 32A. [Inform us after your order that you would like this feature enabled for your system]
- from domestic and imported parts
In the package, you will receive:
- Your very own HCS-40 JuiceNet™ Edition EVSE with the following cables already wired in:
- A 32-amp 25-foot charging cable (also known as a J1772 cable).
- A 1-foot input cable with 14-50P plug (also known as 'RV' plug) or a 3-foot hardwire "pigtail" - depending on which version you order.
- A wall mounted J1772 plug holster
- Installation: We are very excited to announce the availability of a recommended installer electricial list! These skilled and fully qualified electricians are ready to cover your HCS-40 JuiceNet™ installation and testing - in a residence or business. For more details, please see the listing.
Input Cable?: Specify your preference for a 1 FT 14-50 input cable to simply plug your unit in to a 14-50R receptacle; default is cable-less option which is to be hardwired.
HCS-40 JuiceNet Edition Specifications
|Output Power (max.)
- 32A, 7.7kW
- Circuit load balancing - configure two or more HCS-40 JuiceNet™ charging stations to never exceed the limit of your electrical supply circuit
- 208/240V, 50A, NEMA 14-50 plug
- Plug-in or hard-wired installation; choose preferred option
|Output Cable & Connector
- 25 FT standard length, 20 FT extension cables available
- SAE J1772 standard plug
|EV JuiceBox App
- Set up multiple automatic notifications
- Set 2 different charging schedules - utilize lowered TOU rates from your utility
- Web-based portal for desktop access
- View detailed charging data historically and in real-time
- Manage Smart-Grid settings
- Built-in wifi connectivity, with easy smartphone-based setup
- 19.7 x 8.9 x 5.3 inches (H, W, D - main enclosure)
- 21lbs fully equipped (with cables)
- 3 year manufacturer's warranty
The standard installation package assumes that no changes to your main electrical panel are needed, and your ClipperCreek JuiceNet will be installed no more than 6 feet from the panel. Necessary wiring and conduit for the standard installation are included, but the 14-50 receptacle ($10-40 - if necessary) and the breakers ($10-50) are not. You can either supply these items beforehand, or our electrician can sell them to you.
If you choose this option, we will ship the unit to you as fast as we can (production priority). As soon as you have received the unit, please contact the electrician to schedule installation. You may also choose to pick up your unit from our San Carlos facility. Be careful not to schedule installation before your unit arrives - this may result in additional fees! A fully licensed and certified electrician will come out to your home, and Voila! - you have a smart charging station in your driveway/garage/etc!
You will receive an email with the contact information (email, phone number) for your local installer soon after you place your order.
Please note that the final pricing will depend on the site evaluation conducted by our contracted electrician, and an additional transportation fee may apply for locations on the fringes of the installation areas.
Questions about the installation package or your particular installation that are not covered here? Please email us at:
Nissan LEAF, BMW i series, Chevy Volt, Fiat 500e, Ford C-Max Energi, Ford Focus Electric, Ford Fusion Energi, Honda Accord Plug-in Hybrid, Kia Soul EV, Mercedes B-Class Electric Drive, Mitsubishi i-MiEV, Cadillac ELR, Chevrolet Spark EV, Porsche Plug-in Hybrids, Smart Electric Drive, Tesla Model S, Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Chevy Bolt, Toyota Prius Plug-in Hybrid, Toyota Prius Prime, Mercedes S-E line, BMW PHEVs, Volvo PHEVs, Audi A3 e-Tron, Volkswagen E-Golf.
All other makes and models should be compatible, as well, as JuiceBox implements a standard J1772 charging protocol adopted by all EV manufacturers.
- If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you can return the product for a refund. Please note that a 10% restocking fee will apply unless the return is caused by a manufacturing defect. You will be responsible for the shipping costs incurred. You can return a product for up to 30 calendar days from the date you purchased it.
- No order modifications are possible after your order enters shipper possession (typically within 1-2 days from your order)