EMotorWerks to Launch a New Product Line of Affordable Charging Solutions and to Begin a Fundraising Campaign at the Maker Faire 2013
EMotorWerks announced its participation in the Maker Faire in San Mateo, CA on May 18-19, 2013. Maker Faire is an annual event for DIY enthusiasts, adults and children of all ages. EMotorWerks will have a booth where the BMW conversion and other new products will be displayed. In addition to the display, on May 18th, Saturday at 11:00 AM, EMotorWerks Founder Valery Miftakhov will be speaking from Live stage in EXPO Pavilion.
Palo Alto, CA, May 16, 2013 --(PR.com)-- Electric Motor Werks announced its participation in the Maker Faire held in San Mateo, CA on May 18-19, 2013. (http://makerfaire.com/makers/electrically-converted-bmw-and-mobile-fast-charger/)
Maker Faire is an annual event for DIY enthusiasts, adults and children of all ages. EMotorWerks will have a booth where the BMW conversion and other new products will be displayed. In addition to the display, on May 18th, Saturday at 11:00 AM, EMotorWerks Founder Valery Miftakhov will be speaking from a Live stage at the EXPO Pavilion.
In his speech "In Search of A Killer App for Electric Cars" Dr. Valery Miftakhov will share his thoughts on what a Killer App for electric cars might be. He will review the progress his group "EMotorWerks," (or Electric Motor Werks) has made towards making the electric car an everyday reality.
This is the 3d time EMotorWerks exhibits at Maker Faire. In 2011, EMotorWerks presented an electric Fiat Conversion. In 2012 - two gasoline BMW cars, converted into pure battery electric, with sports car performance of 0-60 ml in 5.5 seconds with a 100 mile range on a single charge.
This year EMotorWerks will bring the new Electric Vehicle products targeted at all the existing EV owners. The first product to be released as a part of this new line-up will be the EMotorWerks 7.2kW charging station (EVSE) - EMotorWerks JuiceBox.
Some product details:
- EMotorWerks JuiceBox can be connected to either 120V outlet or 240V outlet (such as a dryer outlet).
- It will charge the existing production cars (such as Nissan Leaf) up to 5 times faster than from the charging cords supplied with the car (when connected to 240V supply).
- It will be available in box kit form for the DIY enthusiast and a fully assembled form – similar to the company’s 12kW chargers already successfully selling.
Pricing starts at a fraction of the cost of the similar competing product. A comparable EVSE from existing manufacturers retails for at least $800.
The base EMotorWerks EVSE model kit will be priced at $199.
This base model will include:
* All the electronic components necessary to enable J1772 charging at 7.2kW at home (in a kit form, basic electronics assembly and soldering skills required)
* A fully programmed Arduino microcontroller powering the JuiceBox
* A very stylish enclosure – elegant shape of the AA battery
* Detailed assembly instruction manual
The base EMotorWerks EVSE model (fully assembled) will be priced at $299. It will be based on the above base kit but fully assembled.
The premium model will be priced at $399 and will include the following additional features:
· 1. Time of day charging - for those customers who have time-of-use power tariffs with their utility company. Plug in your car at any time and the EVSE will turn on when the electricity costs are lowest (can be overridden by the user)
· 2. Color LCD interface with read-outs of all major parameters such as lifetime and current energy spent, current power and charging time, cost savings relative to using a gas car, total cost of electricity, etc.
· 3. GFCI protection - recommended for outdoor installations
- The additional options will also be available: input AC cord with a standard dryer plug that allows to connect the EVSE to the dryer outlet for immediate access to 240V 30A service; an EMotorWerks-provided J1772 cord UL rated for 32A use.
At the 2013 Maker Faire, EMotorWerks will launch a fundraising campaign via the popular crowdsourcing platform KickStarter.com. The goal is to raise funds that will go towards completing work on this new product. EMotorWerks supporters will receive the kit or assembled charging station depending on the amount contributed.