Ever thought about making a difference?
Ever realized where your gas money might be going?
Ever wanted to be in control?
Ever wanted a better car?
- We will drive down the costs of high performance conversions through open source designs for core EV components. We have already created or actively contributed to open-source designs of a number of high-power electric car components, including a 10kW+ charging system, and a 1,500A+ DC motor controller, and an Android-based EV Instrumentation system.
- We will make conversions MUCH more accessible to progressive drivers like you. From bolt-on conversion kits for a variety of most popular performance car models to ready-to-drive EVs based on such models, your smart move to the 100% electric drive can be as effortless as you want it to be.
- ...we have completed R&D on a 14kW charging system (which can charger your 100-mile range EV in 2.5 hours!). It is the most powerful and most feature-rich system available that you can use in your EV today. The design is available as open source, and we are offering a number of kit options. The system can be stacked together for up to 100kW output power - to charge your car in 20 min!
- ...we have completed R&D on an EV Monitoring & Control system based on the Android tablet and EMotorWerks-designed hardware layer. This is currently widely accepted as a market-leading system for EV conversions
- ...the first bolt-on conversion kit targeting BMW 3-series (e46 - cars produced between 1999 and 2006) is Available Now (May 2012)!
- ...turn-key BMW 3-series conversion service is on track to be launched in Q2 2012
- ...BMW X5 SUV conversion kit & service are now in development, with the target launch date of Q3 2012
So what does it mean to 'convert your car to electric'?
Here's the typical high-level process and some numbers.